Sunday, April 24, 2011

I'm not suicidal, but my body might be...

I'm not the greatest at blogging...but for some reason I always wish I had one...at least one that had more than a couple of entries in it. Lately I feel like I need to start being serious about this (or as serious as this strange introverted person can be). I need a way to be creative. I need an output. I need something to look forward too. I apoligise in advance. :)

My title...refers to a disease that I was diagnosed with back in the summer of 2008, Wegeners Granulomatosis. I wont bore you with too many details, other than it came very close to killing me by messing up my lungs, causing my kidneys to fail and leaving me with blood clots in my left leg. After several weeks in hospital, about a month of dialysis and a year of being on various meds, I got better and it went into remission. It returned in Jan of 2010, but since I knew what I was looking for I was able to just got straight onto the meds and after 8 months, remission again. Feb 2011...joint pains. I shall mention here, that joint pains are usually my first symptom. So i went for a blood test. It proves that the WG is active again and they stick me back on the steriods.

I'm sorry about that messy paragraph. Anyway, lately I've been feeling fed up about it.everytime I feel like I'm getting healthy and can live my life, I get sick and become a fragile medicated person again. And the drug, Prednisone...although magical...messes the body up big time on long term courses. I'm currently only on the 2nd week of a 3 week course...we'll see what happens after that. Staying out of ER is my main goal.

If you somehow managed to read through all that, then I love you. :) You ROCK! Other topics that future posts will involve include Doctor Who, Introvertedness, Cartoon Network and the joys of working in a bookstore. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment